Monday, January 2, 2012

Putting this day to bed

It has been a long day.  I won't lie, today was a struggle from start to finish.  My body is not used to being more active, and it is in full rebellion mode today.  My body aches.  Not so good since I haven't even added any strength training yet.  Apparently (mostly) running that mile yesterday did this chubby lady in.  Perhaps the wii exercising is catching up to me as well.  Who knows? 

Most likely it's because my body went from the comfort of the computer chair to running, wii, and actively searching out things to stay moving.  Body, I hear your protests.  They are duly noted.  One day you will thank me for the slight pain of today.  I promise to cause you more pain and discomfort in this journey to better health and fitness. 

That is why I still walk/ran a mile today.  I'll admit, it may have been a little more walking than running, but I still accomplished it.  I was miserably happy to get my butt onto the treadmill and MOVE.  So, score one for me.  In my eyes, I am improving already.  In an instance where I previously would have excused myself and waited until tomorrow to complete my goal, I kicked procrastinations ass and got it done.  I also squeezed in wii with my love. 

In preparation for tomorrow, I have all of my workout clothing ready to go.  My ipod is charged and filled with motivating songs.  I am not putting off my run tomorrow.  I'm going to tackle it head on first thing in the morning.  Day three!   

No comments:

Post a Comment